tisdag 4 december 2007

I have been Tagged

Nadine tagged me after Timothy Lilliehook spread the meme to her.

The rules are quite simple:
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
(3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
(4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

The problem for me is finding eight persons to tag, maybe I'll do as Vint and ignore that part. I'll follow her lead and divide the facts between my avatar and me.


Fact 1: Balp has no real meaning.

During my last days in "Gymnasiet" little like high school. Me and a friend made up dummy sounds, burp, bjummp, and balp. Then when I started at the university I started a BBS. It needed a name. Making names isn't my strong side, but somehow Balp BBS sounded easy, I type that in and didn't think more about it. The BBS grew a little and soon it was a local point of interest in Umeå. Soon friend abound me started to notice the BBS, some called me Balp as a joke. A name that stuck on me since then, when it was time to apply for an account at the computer association, it was natural to put balp as username, with the email balp@tsdf.umu.se. it really stuck I was Balp.


Fact 2: DJ roots.

When I was young, I worked at the post office, every other week sorting mail, yes I still know to many postal codes, and I can hit a bag throwing an odd shaped object. During this time, we needed music working and the only day a week there was anything on Swedish radio was Fridays. (This was before commercial radio in Sweden, yes I'm THAT old!) My mixed tapes was the most popular, much because they mixed what I call all good music and no special style. I like good music from all types of music from classical, punk, goth, EBM, pop, jpop, anything.


Fact 3: SL relations.

I have just very few SL friends, I have to little time for that being in game other that DJ that I like very much. It can also be so that I have alt's that does most of my social need.


Fact 4: I'm Lazy

Yes I'm a lazy person, but smart and lazy, what a great guy at Sun (Adrian Cockcroft) called long-term lazy. That means I don't like to the same shit two times, I'm to lazy for that and I can invest a little extra time to make the second time go away.

Fact 5: Inventory, stuff.

My inventory is a real mess, i have 1000's of freebies in no order, on the other hand I test to just use about 20 items so why care. I'm still a freebie junkie and collect stuff, never clean stuff out, so it's a mess in there.


Fact 6: I'm a coward.

Both in relations and in stuff i do. That's the base for me to know that I can scuba dive and drive an MC. It's i hadn't been a coward such stuff might have been dangerous.

Fact 7: I'm Dyslectic.

My problem is that I can't see when stuff is not spelled correctly, I can read to well. How bad it's spelled I can usably read it. With out reacting to the spelling errors it really hard to fix anything you type wrong.

Fact 8: C= 64

My first computer was a commodore 64, that sweet little machine. Cost me way to much money as it was new on the market when I got it. I only came so long that I learned some basic and pokeing stuff into the sid chip. Never really learned to program it. Then I got an Amiga 500 and an Amiga 1000. I liked computers but never really considers working with them.



The big questions that still is around shall I tag someone or ignore that part of the rules. Well i like to know a little more about Nicholaz, on the other hand it looks like most SL bloggers have been hit by this. I'll leave it open. I had a sort idea to spread this out of the SL blogging area, but it's better not to.

Inga kommentarer: